Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Anti-Smelter

The anti- smelter uprising in Trinidad was a serious and major issue in 2007 and I took this opportunity to express my views visually through my work. I experimented with everything from propaganda posters to animation and even chalk art. I was very serious about most of the issues I dealt with in my work but overall I was just trying to have fun.



This piece entitled 'Stop D Smelter' was created in Photoshop and Illustrator. I enjoyed do this piece and the comical image of 'Uncle Patos' helped it even more. At the time i was researching a lot of Soviet union propaganda posters and i got inspired.


Chalk art has always been an integral part of Animae Caribe and i have enjoyed creating unique pieces. This was done at UWI for the festival.




Graphite animation created in Photoshop, Premiere and Crazy talk. Just experimenting.

1 comment:

  1. "At the time i was researching a lot of Soviet union propaganda posters and i got inspired..." hmm

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails